Dear OBM Network,
I was asked to post this exciting opportunity here on behalf Portland State University:
Job Title: Research Associate/Post-Doc Data Analyst
FTE: 1.0 benefits eligible
Job Type: Research Associate
The SERVe Project (Study for Employment Retention of Veterans) at Portland State University (PSU), under the direction of Dr. Leslie Hammer, is seeking a Ph.D. level researcher for a two year appointment (March 2015-February 2017). SERVe is a 5-year grant funded by the Department of Defense; this appointment would be for years 3 and 4 of the grant. SERVe’s goal is to improve the health and well-being of veterans and their families, and to increase job retention of veterans in the workforce by training supervisors to better support their employed service members. This individual will bear primary responsibility for data management and analysis, as well as writing results for grant-related papers, presentations and manuscripts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Data Analysis and Management
· Maintain center’s database of data sets: This includes managing multisource and longitudinal data.
· Create data sets: This includes creating and cleaning any custom data sets that the research team may need to run analyses for manuscripts. Data sets are created by linking and merging different data files, keeping/dropping variables from the larger data sets, recoding and computing variables.
· Running analyses for manuscripts: This includes running and writing data reports on the variables of interest, and writing syntax in SPSS, SAS and/or Mplus for more complex analyses. This involves both supporting paper analyses needs of the investigators, as well as leading on critical manuscripts for the project.
· Writing results: This includes writing the results of analyses at a level appropriate for a scientific journal, generally in APA format. May also include providing assistance in writing other sections of the manuscript as well.
· Providing reports to grant funder: Assist in writing up quarterly and annual reports to the grant’s funding source.
· Supervision/mentoring: Provide guidance and mentoring to our team of graduate students, post bacs and undergraduates with regard to data management and analysis, academic writing, and issues related to the content areas of Work & Family and/or Occupational Health Psychology.
· Conduct research literature reviews and assist in the development of papers and presentations.
· Attend and coordinate team conference calls and meetings, writing notes and communicating and following up on key issues in a timely manner.
· Create an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
· Function and communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
· Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
· Adhere to all of PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
· PhD in the social sciences or public health; Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point and Word, and SPSS or SAS.
· Strong organizational skills needed to manage a complex project with multiple activities and stakeholders.
· Demonstrated academic writing and presentation experience.
· Research knowledge and experience in the substantive area of military psychology
· Research knowledge and experience in the substantive area of work and family
· Background in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and/or Occupational Health Psychology
· Experience with multilevel or mixed effects modeling very desirable.
· Preference given to those with demonstrated research experience in the work-family area, as well as Industrial/Organizational Psychology and/or Occupational Health Psychology more generally.
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be between $54,924 and $57,600 dependent upon qualifications and experience with an excellent benefits package including 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon University System schools.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and full contact information of three references. Apply by submitting your application to our online system, at https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/14549. Review of applications will begin on February 2, 2015 and the position will remain open until filled. For more information about the position, please contact Hiring Manager, Dr. Krista Brockwood email@example.com. Portland State University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.